Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Greetings, Reader(s)!

Hello and welcome to my brand-new, hopefully successful blog! I'm Katie (or Katydid, as I'm sometimes called), a homeschooled writer, photographer, bird-watcher, singer/musician, and 9th grader. This blog, 'Bigger On The Inside', will be my blog for recording my thoughts on writing, books, movies, music, and life in general. But probably I'll mostly be posting about writing and books.
I have another blog that you might want to check out if you're into nature and photography and birds, or anything along those lines, really. Here's the link.
I am a participant in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and Camp NaNoWriMo, so I may blog about that, too. If you don't know what they are, I suggest you click both the links I posted. You won't regret it, I guarantee that. On NaNoWriMo's Young Writers Program site, I am known by the username Katie B.
I mostly write fantasy and science-fiction, but I enjoy other genres as well, especially historical fiction and steampunk. I've been writing since I was about 7 years old, but I've never finished a story, not even a short one. I recently cleaned out my nightstand drawers, and I found about six unfinished stories. I have a short attention span, as it turns out.
Before I finish this post, I'll answer a question you might have. Then again, you might not have it, but I'm going to answer it anyway. That question is: What's with the title?
I chose the title 'Bigger On The Inside' partly as a tribute to Doctor Who, which happens to be my favorite TV show, but it also has a slightly deeper meaning. Often when I get an idea for a story, I think, "Oh, I'll just write this for fun, as a break from my other novels." But then the story grows, the characters begin to write themselves, and I find myself getting really excited about it. The story, it turns out, is 'bigger on the inside'.

I hope you enjoy this humble blog of mine, and I'll do my best to maintain it. Thanks so much for checking it out!

3 comments:

  1. I'm homeschooled too. (Or at least I was, that will change this fall... A weird thought.) I like writing. :) I'm on NaNoWriMo, too. Just this month for Camp, I finished a story for the first time! :D I have a million ideas and beginnings of stories, but only one actually finished one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Wynne! Congrats on finishing a story. May you finish many more in the future :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Your thoughts mean a lot to me.